Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 16

My life at internship was mostly sitting at this computer and working, wearing suits, and drinking cocoa. The first picture, I'm working on my own design (putting it together in a comp sheet). The second photo is a picture of me working with the daily production.

My most significant personal experience was meeting everyone at Skinit and making friends with them. Sure, designing I can do, Photoshop I can use, but meeting people and making friends is something I don't do very often or very well. Not only did I make friends though, I made contacts and a network for the future--I do plan on keeping contact with them. They're all so nice and sweet, and since they're new friends there are still so many things to get to know about them.

I really had fun at my last week of work. Here's a summary.

Summary of my week

On Monday I finished up my designs and got them on the templates.
On Tuesday I got my cell phone CAD'ed by Matt, worked on a few dailies, and submitted my skews for printing.
On Wednesday I brought my tablet to be CAD'ed (and left it overnight), explored a bit and met Jess, who works in the warehouse. I worked on a few dailies, and then I got to making skinners (photo-realistic models of the skinned devices) of my designs using actions. I got a bunch done. I went to lunch with my mentor and some coworkers that day, to an Indian cuisine restaurant.
On Thursday I met Pat at lunch and showed him a nice place outside the warehouse to eat. We got to talking and I invited him to my POL. I invited Jess too, and Scott. I was working on my skinners and compiling them into Comp Sheets that day, and I got them finished. I used InDesign to create the comp sheets, and I didn't know how to use it at all except for the basics. I learned about links and such while working with it. Also, I got my tablet back since Matt finished CAD-ing it, but I'll have to order it off the website once it's up since it was too late to print it. I got my skin samples too, and skinned my devices at home.
On Friday I skinned my laptop (I didn't have time the previous night), printed my comp sheets, and I met Sarah. I went to see her for some good samples of the daily production for my POL, and I invited her to my POL too, but it turned out she couldn't make it in the end. At 1:00, just after lunch, Brandon and three sophomores came and I gave my presentation. I felt really nervous and didn't have too much time to prepare, so I hope I did well (even though everyone tells me I did a fantastic job). Afterward I finished up some things, said goodbye to everybody, and even met some more people, like Flora and Arnold and Bill. At 4, internship was finally over, and I felt really sad--but hopefully I can come back in the summer or next year during the senior internship opportunity. I'm really going to miss everyone!

 
Shreya, Simon, and I in front of Ahsoka, the Indian cuisine place. John took the picture.

Matt testing a skin on my tablet.

A pile of my sample skins.

My skinned devices!

Some of the comp sheets.

It's Bill!

Sarah and I together. She's in sales. I seem to have a lot of friends in sales.

Arnold and I together. He's a software developer! (Also known as a programmer.) I had fun talking to him about some programming things.

 
The conference room I had my POL in. There were about ten people in the room and not enough chairs, but since a lot of people sit all day anyway, they were fine with standing. Even I stood, but I was presenting.

 
Time to say goodbye Skinit... but hopefully, not for long! So, goodbye, just for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment