Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 3

Project Ideas and Drafting
 
1. What skills would you like to develop at your site?
-Photoshop: I haven't quite learned CS4 yet and in the first few days, I've been using a lot of masks and textures and smart objects and all sorts of things I never used before. It makes me think of all the other things I might not know about Photoshop, so I'll learn it here.
-Design: While people have pointed out that I have a good eye for design, I feel like I can learn a lot more and I still feel like I'm a beginner in graphic design at this point, and I still have to ask for a lot of help.

2. What interests do you have regarding the work done at your site?
 The Daily Production makes me think about design constantly, what looks good and what doesn't, and the different layouts let me look at all the ways things can be designed and allow me to get used to tools I've never used before.
 
3. What needs can you address (needs your mentor has, your company has, etc.) based on your skills and interests?
I have experience in Photoshop so it's easy for me to adapt, and I have the basic knowledge of design so I can get a lot done in one day, and sometimes I don't have to ask my mentor John or my coworkers like Michael for help.

---

I have some ideas for projects, like creating some skins "for a cause" (a section on SkinIt.com, featuring skins for Breast Cancer and other things like that). To Write Love On Her Arms has caught my eye for a while now, and also the Yellow Ribbon program, and I think they would make great and meaningful skins that would make a difference and last in the long run. Theses are both organizations that have to do with depression and suicide.
 
I also have some ideas for a Cherry Blossom skin, a "going green" skin (for the popular ideas of being environmentally friendly), and a retro swirls and dots skin. I'll be drafting and getting critiques on these soon, any peer critiques and ideas from my classmates would be helpful too!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you want to create a skin for awareness reasons. Not only would you be helping your company, but you would also be promoting other companies and organizations as well. Plus, it is important for for people to know about those organizations and give their support to them, and getting something like a phone or computer skin is a perfect way to do that! I can't wait to see what you do with this!

    ReplyDelete