Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 2

 What have you actively done to start off on the right note?
I dressed well and came on time, and I greeted everyone politely and introduced myself. Some people commented that I didn't look like a high school student when I introduced myself. I also went straight to work when I got there, and only asked for help and critique when I really needed it, however they're really nice about helping me out since I'm a newbie. I try not to bother them while they're working though.

What have you actively done to create interesting opportunities for yourself?
When working on the daily production, I chose some different kinds of skins to see how I would do in customizing it. On the first day I worked on skins like Marilyn Monroe and sports and Disney, and I found that I liked working with Disney skins because they were high quality and easy yet colorful and simple. On the second day I tried to do different things, like trying out Artist skins like Conduct Happiness and a few others, and Twilight: New Moon. I found that I liked working on the artist skins because they were generally one layer, but at the same time I had to figure out how to place the image so that it looked good but still fit the canvas. As for Twilight, as much as I dislike the series, I found the photography and assets (photos, backgrounds, smart objects, etc.) really high quality and easy to work with. There wasn't too much going on, and it really had one focus with few necessities (like the logo and copyright line).

What have you actively done to advance the interests of your mentor and/or site?
I'm getting faster and better at working on the art flow. On the first day I only got 8 done in about four hours. Today I got 24 products done, and I spent about six hours doing that. Daily production is one of the essential things the design department has to do so that the customers can get their product. Not only that, I'm an extra pair of hands to help out in a department that doesn't get paid all that well (see my Day 1 post).

What can you do in the immediate future to improve yourself and your experience in the above areas?
 I spent about an average of 10 minutes on each skin today, and I hope next week I can be faster and spend less than 5 minutes on a piece like a lot of the other workers do. I also hope to get to know more people and make connections. Everyone has been really nice to me so far and I'm really feeling welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment