Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 5

Project title:
"Skins For A Cause" and General Design

Project description:
Create some designs to be put up at SkinIt.com. If a customer sees it and chooses to buy it, it would be customized to best fit onto the skin of their choice. The skins have to be flexible, simple, not too crowded, and tasteful. For the "Skins For A Cause" section, I'm trying to get at least TWLOHA to cooperate so we can get some skins sold for their benefit. For general design, I'm thinking about some general "go green" and floral designs mainly, and also some sleeping dragons and rainy day designs.

Project schedule:
I've already talked to the Licensing department about getting TWLOHA skins, and John has already talked to me about getting started on designing my own skins instead of doing dailies all the time.
Tomorrow I'll get the specs on how big a canvas should be for a design, as well as what is the best way to go about starting a design. I'll also check on how the TWLOHA licensing is going.
I'll try to get at least one design (maybe a floral one) done by this week, and I might work on the weekend on the design (at home).
By next week I hope to have at least two designs--three and more if TWLOHA is approved (if not, maybe in the week after).
In my final week I think I'll just work on dailies, promoting my designs (if they're approved and live on the site), and prepare for the presentation of learning.

Materials & Equipment needed:
Photoshop, Illustrator, maybe a Wacom Tablet (I have one at home, I might just bring it to work).

Project documentation:
How will you keep track of your work?
I'll post blogs about my progress with pictures, screen shots, and descriptions and captions to tell what's going on.
How will others know about it?
I'll tell others about it through my blog, my digital portfolio, and some social networking sites I go to. I will also try to send out emails about my products to see if anyone would be interested in buying it.
What will you have to show when internship is over?
I will have some skins (hopefully printed out and high quality), the design files, maybe the PSDs of some templates, a lot of photos of my work and progress, and a lot of experience from working in the design department. I already talked to John about if it's okay to post the design on my DP and he said it was okay, but SkinIt will basically own the designs I contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment