Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 6

Next week, you will need to interview your mentor or a particularly important coworker. In this mentor interview, you are intending to one or all of the following:
1. Learn about this person's life through their stories, experiences and the decisions they made along the way.
2. Begin to understand the path(s) that can lead to personal and professional "success."
3. Establish and deepen a professional and intellectual relationship.
--
1. Where did you go to college, for how long, how hard was it, and how did you get to where you are today [Skinit]?

2. What advice do you have for a beginner like me? What would you advise aspiring graphic designers to do?

3. Is there a reward for what you do, and if there is, is it worth it? What motivates you to work?

4. What do you do around the office? (Art director, etc.) Have you been around since Skinit was founded? (When was Skinit founded?)

5. Are you/do you feel successful, and what is your idea of success/being successful?

6. Where do you see yourself in a few years?

Those are all I can come up with for now... If anybody has any ideas for more, please comment. I think I'll interview my mentor as soon as possible, so I can create more questions if necessary. But first he has to get better (he was out sick today). If not, I can always interview Michael.

I have an MP3 player that can record really well, and even though I don't plan on going into graphic design, I never know if my plans can change so maybe a little knowledge will help mold my plans a little more.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...did you get to where you art today?

    I love how you're incorporating your internship ever so subtly.

    ReplyDelete